Heavenly Garlic Butter…
… if that is what you are looking for, you found it!
Two ingredients are always present in my kitchen: garlic and butter.
Both of them are staples in Italian and Indian cuisines… I really couldn’t think of Pav Bhaji without a lump of butter on top (or Egg Burji for that matter) or a lasagne without homemade béchamel sauce… it would be sacrilegious!
Jay and I like to prepare sharing platters to put on our table when we have guests, also if it is just for a late morning coffee or an afternoon orange juice; I suppose it is just in our blood! Have you ever been to an Italian or Indian home and have left without someone trying to force-feed you? Impossible!
When we have guests later in the day, what I put on the table tends to be savory, mostly freshly chopped ingredients with a base to build your own appetizer, like toasted rye bread and prawn cocktail, or onion focaccia with a selection of cheeses, hams, and sauces.
One of the condiments I like to offer is garlic butter; I spent more time than I should admit perfecting this! How to make garlic butter? How to make it creamy, tasty throughout, and easy to spread?
Why is this recipe different?
This is the tastiest way you can prepare garlic butter using ingredients you have in your cupboard ANYWAY!
I’m sure you bought some oregano when you decided to prepare homemade pizza (yes, I use oregano in this recipe!)… and now that little tub is sitting lonely in the dark, at the back of the other spices.
Eating garlic raw has been linked to so many heath benefits, it is worth noting a couple: better blood pressure, lower cholesterol, strengthening bones and improving memory… just a few from a very long list.
But, there is a but (there always is!)… butter has health benefits as well! It has been linked to a reduced risk of heart problems, diabetes and… yes, obesity! Well, butter and all high-fat dairy products.
Which, as usual brings me to the moderation and portion control part of my blog… no food is bad.
Be mindful and you shall eat everything you like.
But first, start with this delicious recipe down here!
~~ Love garlic? Try this incredible Chili Garlic Chicken Curry!
- 100 g Unsalted Butter
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Dry Parsley
- 1/4 Tsp Wild Oregano
- Salt to Taste
- Remove the butter from the fridge a couple of hours before you need it and leave it on the counter to soften. Depending on where you live in the world and on the season you may need a bit longer or much much less time - so this is a tough timeframe to offer!
- Peel and roughly chop the garlic; this doesn’t need to be perfectly done, as you will blend it afterward.
- In an upside-down blender, put the butter and the roughly chopped garlic and blend; you may need to blend for 20 seconds, stop, mix with a spoon and go again 3-4 times.
- Once the garlic is thoroughly blended in the butter and you can hardly see any pieces (there will be, but small - not chunky), add the parsley, oregano, and salt and give one last quick blend for about 10-15 seconds.
- Remove from the blender and place in a sealed container; this will allow you to store it in the fridge. Spread and enjoy as needed!