This is an excellent recipe, which is extremely easy to follow, but nevertheless, I have some notes to share to make it even easier:
- The onions do not need to be red; should you have or prefer brown or white instead, that is perfectly fine; adjust the salt accordingly.
- Should you prefer your curry to be milder, there are different ways of changing this recipe: you can either skip/reduce the quantity of green chilies and red chili powder, or you can use Kashmiri chili powder instead of red chili powder, as this is stronger in color but milder in taste.
- Should you wish to reduce the calories even further, you can use chicken breast instead of chicken thighs; I personally feel that chicken thighs work better for this kind of curry, as the red part of the meat is moist and has a nice consistency which is worth the extra calories, but should you prefer breast instead, chop it in cubes the same size and follow the recipe the same way.
- Always ensure the chicken is cooked thoroughly before serving.
- If you do not like fresh coriander, this can be skipped.