Fluffy and Delicious Banana Pancakes Without Milk
Put the ingredients in a blender and cook; easy, weight-loss friendly pancakes in no time!
Servings: 8 pancakes
- 2 Ripe Medium Bananas
- 2 Eggs Whole
- 2 teaspoon Brown Sugar I used Muscovado
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract optional
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour Plain Flour
- 20 Sprays Cooking Spray I used 1 Calorie Cooking Spray
Peel and chop the bananas and set them aside; break the eggs in a bowl ensuring it is shell-free and set aside.
In a self-standing blender, put the chopped bananas, eggs, sugar and vanilla and blend well, until a smooth liquid batter is achieved.
Once this is done, add the flour and baking powder and blend well until no knots are there; you will have a rich batter with plenty of air bubbles.
Warm-up a medium-sized frying pan on medium heat and apply a couple of cooking sprays to cover the pan; once this is warm (normally the spray is whitish-yellowish in color when cold and it goes transparent when warm) add the banana pancake batter using a ladle three-quarters full.
Keep the pan on a low to medium flame and allow to cook for two to three minutes (or until the pancakes are nearly done and bubbles have created on the surface) then flip and cook for one more minute (or until ready).
Once all of the homemade pancakes are ready, serve warm them and enjoy!
These banana pancakes can be prepared in advance in two ways.
- Should you decide to fully cook them before storing them in an airtight container, allow them to fully cool down before doing so; these banana pancakes will keep well in the fridge for a couple of days but bear in mind they may darken a bit because of the bananas.
To serve, allow them to fully thaw and then warm them up using a hot griddle or pan and serve once piping hot.
- Should you decide to freeze them, then, once fully cooled down, divide them individually using parchment paper before freezing in an airtight container, stacked on top of each other; when well stored, these will keep for up to two months this way.
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 69mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 78IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg