Authentic Hummus Recipe With Tahini
I'm excited to share this delicious, simple hummus recipe with you! This authentic hummus dip is made with chickpeas, tahini paste, olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, and salt. A few easy steps will give you a creamy and flavorful dip that's sure to please any crowd.
- 1 can chickpeas also known as garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil for garnishing, optional
- 1 sprig parsley for garnishing, optional
Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas before transferring them to a medium-sized bowl.
Into the bowl add the olive oil, minced garlic, tahini and lemon juice, and salt.
Now it's time to blend the ingredients: transfer them to a food processor or blender and combine until you reach your desired smoothness.
Before serving drizzle some olive oil and garnish with sprig of parsley for color.
Serve the delicious hummus with pita chips or vegetables for an appetizing snack.
- For an extra flavor-packed hummus, try roasting the chickpeas before adding them to the recipe! Preheat your oven to 375°F, then spread the beans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast until golden brown, about 15 minutes, stirring halfway through for even cooking.
- For added crunch, top with toasted pine nuts, chives, or fresh parsley.
- For color, you could garnish with parsley, cilantro, or even sprinkle some paprika.
Calories: 734kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 74g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 18g | Monounsaturated Fat: 43g | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 0.2g | Vitamin A: 41IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 3mg