Hot and Yummy Cayenne Pepper Sauce
Making delicious cayenne pepper sauce is a simple but satisfying cooking project that can be customized to your personal tastes.
Servings: 1 Jar
- 12 ounces cayenne chili peppers or 11-12 individual peppers
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro or parsley (optional)
To make you will need to prepare your garlic and peppers by peeling and chopping them into small pieces.
In a food processor or spice grinder, blend together the garlic and chili peppers with the white wine vinegar, cilantro, olive oil, salt and sugar until well combined.
Once your sauce is ready, you can begin cooking it over low heat on the stovetop for about 15 minutes. Be sure to stir frequently as you cook to prevent burning or sticking.
Serve your finished Cayenne Pepper Sauce over chicken, steak, fish, or veggies for a spicy and flavorful meal that is perfect for any occasion!
- Adding a splash of lime juice or some fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley will enhance the flavor of your sauce
- Storing any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge will help keep your sauce fresh for up to a week.
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 2369mg | Potassium: 1218mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 3248IU | Vitamin C: 496mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 4mg