Delicious Italian Broccoli Pasta With Garlic
Quick, delicious, and versatile are the best words to describe this broccoli pasta. The perfect one-pot meal for any day of the week!
- 150 g Dry Pasta of choice
- 300 g Broccoli florets about one big head, cleaned up
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 cloves Chopped Fresh Garlic
- Chilli Flakes to taste to taste
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste to taste
Wash the broccoli and chop the florets into bite-size pieces.
Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and seson with salt.
Add the pasta and broccoli to the cooking water. NOTE: Depending on how firm you like your broccoli, you can add these before, at the same time, or after you add the pasta. You can read how to perfectly boil this cruciferous vegetable in our useful guide: How long to boil broccoli: the perfect way.
Once the pasta with broccoli mixture is cooked, remove a cup of cooking water and keep it aside, then drain the broccoli pasta.
In the same pot, heat up the extra virgin olive oil on medium heat.
Once the oil is warm add the chopped garlic, and after 15 seconds, the red pepper flakes.
Once the smell of rawness has gone add the broccoli pasta and mix well. If the pasta is too dry, add a couple of tablespoons of the reserved pasta water, which will also add creaminess.
Season to taste with fresh ground black pepper and enjoy!
How to store broccoli pasta with garlic?
- In the fridge: You can store broccoli pasta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Remember that cooked vegetables change texture with time, so it is always best to eat this dish when fresh.
- In the freezer: I don't recommend freezing this dish, however, it can be mixed with a little bechamel sauce or mozzarella and turned in a pasta bake to be cooked later, if freezing is really necessary.
How to reheat pasta with broccoli?
- On the stovetop: Add the broccoli pasta to a large pot with a couple of tablespoons of water [adjust the amount accordingly], then mix well and cover with a lid. Put the pan on low to medium heat and stir the pasta occasionally until piping hot.
- In the microwave: Add a few tablespoons of water to the pasta and mix it well; reheat in the microwave until hot.
Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 653mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 935IU | Vitamin C: 135mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 2mg