I love zucchini!
Tasty zucchini recipes oftentimes require weird cooking methods (grilling, frying…) yet they are so easy to cook in many other ways!
This lemon zucchini pasta recipe will make you think of summer, I hope!
Growing up I remember my mother preparing pasta with grilled or oven-roasted peppers, eggplant, and zucchini… she would mix the pasta well with these and add some little pieces of mozzarella, that would slowly melt.
I realize the more I write these blogs, the more memories come to my mind, things I had forgotten for years are now back into my head as if they just happened.
These come back as I look into the next recipe and a smell brings back small things. My father passing the barbequed vegetables through the front window to my mom, the sky being clear, Saturday lunch after school, my brother being still very young and with a glorious blonde bowl-shaped haircut. Zucchinis bring back so many memories!
Yes, that’s how much I love zucchini – they are ridiculously popular on the boot and are easy for people to grow in their gardens (like my mom’s… but more on this another time!).
This zucchini pasta sauce is healthy, easy, and flavorful.
It looks delicious because it is!
It will definitely enter your folder for best zucchini recipes and with the crumbled feta cheese on top… what more can one want?
You will love this recipe because it is tasty, low in calories, easy to prepare and ready in half an hour… who doesn’t love 30-Minute Meals?
- 10 sprays cooking spray
- 200 g Zucchini
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 130 g Short Pasta I used Pappardelline a.k.a. short Pappardelle
- 50 g reduced-fat Feta Cheese I used Apetina
- Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to Taste
- Put a large pan of water on the stove to boil.
- Meanwhile, wash your zucchini, remove the top and bottom; slice the zucchini lengthwise and then start chopping it so that you have many half-moons of bite-sized zucchini, which should be about 5mm wide.
- In a frying pan, apply the 10 sprays of cooking spray and warm up. Once this is warm, add the zucchini to the pan and mix well.
- After a couple of minutes, once the corners of the zucchini pieces start to soften, add salt and pepper to taste and put on medium heat; these zucchinis will be ready in about 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, put the pasta in the boiling water with some salt.
- While the zucchini and pasta are cooking, crumble the feta and put it aside; grate the zest and juice half a lemon.
- Add the zest of the lemon to the zucchini and once the pasta is ready, drain it (without over-draining it) and add it to the pan with the zucchini; to these add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Just before serving, add the crumbled feta, mix well and divide into two plates. Enjoy!
If the zucchinis taste bitter, do not eat them as they can be harmful. Choose the pasta shape you prefer, although, for this recipe, I’d choose a ‘short’ pasta, such as penne, mezze penne, rigatoni, as they grab onto the sauce.